Sunday, January 20, 2008

goals

Goal is a four letter word, but one that I am learning slowly. I need to set realistic goals this year and stick with them. Some will become habits, and some will be just jobs done. In the housekeeping department, FlyLday is helping me create habits that make life a lot easier around here while keeping up with chores. Other goals will be things like the Room of Doom in the previous post and knitting of course. Getting projects finished in reasonable times and not starting new till others are finished. As a free creative spirit, schedules have always been seen as counter-productive and nasty. I am beginning to realize that they are actually my friends. Schedules can be freeing as it allows me to get things done and still have play time. So...I am exploring ways this pc of mine can help instead of hindering. I spend far too much time web surfing and playing games, then wondering where the time has gone.

All this goes hand and hand with another 4 letter word (in my book at least) called discipline. Not having much in my growing up years and not having done it for myself as an adult has severely effected the way I raised my children. You cannot pass on something you haven't learned yourself. Now I see the effects in my grand kids. Dh came from a heavily disciplined family and so we are at odds on the subject at times. Its not that I don't see the need, but rather the method. I want to instill in bg a self discipline she will enjoy for years to come. There's is much for me to learn this year.

No comments: