Friday, September 21, 2007

update, I guess

Been a while..so new to this blogging thing. Or should I say "So? Nu?"
Our Wednesday night knitting group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WestSideColumbusKnitting/ is going strong. We meet at Luck Bros. Coffee http://www.luckbroscoffee.com/rw/ at 6 pm on First Ave, Grandview, Oh...so if you are ever in the neighborhood and want to drop in... All crafters are welcome to come sit a spell, work on a project and chat and of course, enjoy the great coffee and tea choices.
OTN: 1) Still the Socks For Soldiers BBS. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOCKFORSOLDIERS/?yguid=195932459
I turned the heel and am decreasing the gusset stitches.
2) Started the last pattern sequence on my Dark Mark Illusion scarf http://thestormmoon.blogspot.com/2007/05/dark-mark-illusion-scarf-pattern.html
I am knitting 2 at a time for gifts for the HP fans in the family. They are WAY COOL. Big thanks to Storm Moon Knits for posting the pattern.
3) Found a few older projects hiding in my stash. One is a black shawl, stocking knit triangle, very simple pattern....just need to keep at it. I figure its about half done.
O(ff) the needle...grrrr...a sweater for babygirl which I had done up to the armpits for her. I did a test wrap and it didn't look like it would fit her anymore, so I took it off the needles and then realized it was bigger than I thought, but couldn't get it back onto them..so its back on the ball..sigh.
Wish List: My Fawkes socks out of some yummy Lorna's Laces.

Babygirl and I went to the WoolGathering at Young's Dairy near Yellow Springs, Oh last weekend. I was very good...only bought 2 skeins of yarn. AH....to have an unlimited yarn budget!!!! I could be swimming in the wonderful colors and textures I drooled over while looking around!! BG was able to experience a little spinning tutorial with a drop spindle and a very nice older lady took her in hand to show her how to crochet while I oooo'd and aaaaaaaaahhhh'd and ran my fingers thru everything I could.

On the home front, Homeschooling is pretty much in full swing here. FlyLady routines are coming along. Anticipating the visit from my son who will be on leave from Germany soon.

1 comment:

Bean Counting Knitter said...

Woohoooooo welcome to the land of blog. I would be very happy to help you!