Thursday, September 27, 2007

rainy day musings

As I ponder weak and weary..On a day so dark and dreary...

Its raining. Its been raining since yesterday. It actually would be a good day to curl up and just knit if there weren't so many other things that demand what little attention I have today. After 2 nights of really bad or little sleep, I am doing good to hold my head up.

Last night's WestSide Knitters meeting was very cool. I managed to get several rows done on my Illusion scarves. Only 52 more rows to go and then the fringe. Next project: a Heraldic Lion done as a center panel for an afghan. Hoping it works up well, and if it does, I want to do a smaller version as a Gryffindor scarf. Thinking already as I translate graph to written knitting terms, that I may want to fill in some areas and simplify it a bit.

BG found a cool cape in black mesh with purple spider webs on it for her Halloween costume, so I am starting a witches hat in black for her that will have purple eyelash trim on it.

Columbus Air show this Sunday! We are going then having friends in for middle eastern food after. Should be fun. hmmm...Where did I put that tabouli recipe?

1 comment:

Bean Counting Knitter said...

Yes it would be a perfect day to curl up with knitting and a hot cup of coffee.