Thursday, January 14, 2010

Another "What was I thinking??"

One of the advantages of homeschooling and having homeschooling friends is that you don't have to wait til the weekend for a sleep over. BG had her cousin, who I am also homeschooling this year, and a friend over Tuesday night after Girl Scouts. The 3 of them watched a movie and ate popcorn while camping out on the living room floor. Actually, it went much better than I thought it might. No fights...no loud laughing and yelling. They were still talking when I stumbled to bed at 12:30 am, but were quiet enough that it didn't interfere with my sleep. Friend brought some school work with her, so the 3 of them did math together on Wednesday. There were a few scuffles (like..what do we play next? and I don't want to do that), but, all in all, it went smoothly.



Facebook has this current thing about posting an old picture of yourself. I don't have any digital pictures of myself as a youngen, but found this family one of DH, DS, BG and myself. Hard to imagine that young man in the back is a burly Army father of his own little girl. And BG is taller than me now! I think she was about 18 months old in this picture. AH, time.... As Terry Pratchett says (paraphrased) Endless days of rapidly passing years...

No comments: