Friday, May 2, 2008

knit?

For a blog that's supposed to be (somewhat, at least) about knitting, this one sucks. Since I have started babysitting 2 of my grandkids, knitting time is down to a bare minimum. Just enough to keep me from going completely over the edge. Wednesday nights with our group still happen, but it seems some nights I get more coffee and chat in than knitting. We have some competition for the chatting also, in the form of a Bluegrass band. The music is great, but a bit loud. I used to knit while BG had her piano lesson, but these days I am rolling the double stroller up and down the hall keeping the babies entertained instead.
OTN: slowly working up the sleeves for the wool/silk sweater; BS Johnson hat (at a stand still while waiting for 4 lost stitches to reappear out of L-space); a light mint green baby blanket for new grandchild that should make an appearance in November.
O(ff)TN: the 2 single Jitterbug socks. I got past the heel and was doing the decreases when I realized I didn't like the way it fit on the ankle.
Looking at a couple of patterns:
http://www.knitzi.com/freedownloads/Nutkin.pdf
This one looks great, but not sure if I should use one of the Jitterbugs or my other skein of Wollmeise.
This free pattern from Ravelry looks good for the Moss Jitterbug:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/zombie-socks#
Decisions..decisions

1 comment:

Bean Counting Knitter said...

Ok.... So we have to find you more knitting time in your day before you go insane. How about taking your knitting into the bathroom and locking the door?