Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sigh......

I really had reasonably good intentions of posting more often. Life sure interferes sometimes. Not only are my days filled with caring for dd's children, BG is now on crutches and needs extra help. Words that aren't quite comforting to start a phone conversation with: "The good news is...she's ok". BG fell up the steps at dd#2's house and twisted her ankle. We spent a few hours in the local ER getting x-rays. There doesn't appear to be any breaks or fractures, but they splinted her foot anyway and she is not allowed to put any pressure on it till her regular DR gets a look at it next Monday.
Started a pair of socks, (Nutkin Socks) got 3 sets of pattern into it and 'tried' it on...didn't fit over the heel. So frogged it til I can decide if I want to use the yarn for a different pattern or just add extra stitches somewhere. The pattern has no give so doesn't stretch..nor would it tighten up around the ankle again once on.
Working on the Seamless Baby Kimono in a Caron Simply Soft Tweed.. colorway Dark Sage. I love this pattern! It works up easily and fairly quickly. Body is done and I am working down the first sleeve. I did the one side tie and am not sure I like it. I may opt for small buttons instead.
I am sure there are many other things I can post about, but time has run out and I am needed.

No comments: