Monday, October 29, 2007

New Granddaugther


Well, time was not favorable for me to actually make it to my daughter's for the birth of her new daughter, but all is well and Autumn made her appearance on Oct 27th at 1:09 pm. She is 7 lbs 5 ozs and beautiful. Hoping to make it up there this next weekend to see the baby in person.
I am 3 sets of pattern into sock 2 of my Fawkes socks and started the toe up Nagini socks.
Home study for bg's adoption went well and we only have the physicals to go. The case worker was very encouraging.
On a sadder note, I think the time for putting our Old Lady Cat down is rapidly approaching. Her cancer is getting worse and she is losing more weight. She spends her time curled up on a towel in front of the heater. It will be very hard for me as OLC was born on my lap and is the last of her line stretching back to great-grandmother that we have had in our family. Her mother also died of cancer and was also born on my lap. OLC is 15 now as was her mom when she died. We have the new kitten to console us, but as all animal lovers know, it is not quite the same.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Congrats on the new grandchild! She's beautiful!

Sorry to hear about OLC. You're right, it won't be the same. Our pets aren't interchangeable.

Bean Counting Knitter said...

((((Ginny))))) Happy grandbaby! She is beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures after you visit her.

I am sad about OLC. Give her a rub behind the ears for me.

mollylouhoo said...

Oh! My heart! She is perfect!