Friday, February 22, 2008

In the continuing saga..........

Argh. Just when you think you have it mostly together, it comes undone. RoD is as complete as its going to be till DD and babies move back out. Sitting back on my laurels (tuckus really) (ok,ok, its an ever widening franny) and enjoying a little down time logging in my points at Chore Wars, BG comes up to talk with a popsicle in her hands. She off handedly mentions that she had to get it out of the big freezer cause the ones in the little one were all liquid. Now I know what you are thinking. Did I get up and run down to see why? NO. Its amazing how we sometimes tune out the little ones when they chatter at us all day and that's just what I did. Said the appropriate 'mommy' answer.."Uh huh" and didn't think about it. Didn't think about it at all till DH woke me at 5 am and said those awful words "Honey, the fridge is dead". Thankfully, we have been having sub freezing weather here, so everything I could rescue from the warm box in the kitchen went out on the back porch. Called around, found a good deal on new fridges at Sears, went and bought one, then came back to finish cleaning up the mess. Checked the sticky trap we put under there when we saw a mouse in the fall...empty..yeah! Moved the fridge out to find a herd of dust bunnies and 2 dead mice! eewwww! A couple of 15s of cleaning brought me a clean floor and tiles. Now I just had to wait for the new one to be delieverd..the next day. New one was installed with a minimun of fuss and looks great. Now to keep it clean..
Did you notice I mentioned Chore Wars above? Reclaiming the Home on Ravelry started a group. Looked like so much fun, I showed the ladies in my Noodlebug/FlyLady chat and we started our own. I created a list of about 120 items of chores around the house, we claim our chores for time and little virtual rewards and 'gold coins'. Its a great way to track what I actually have done and what I need to do. Another yarn-a-holic and I promised each other we would not buy any new yarn til we reached a certain level of points. Good incentive, huh?
DD#3 is supposed to be moving in here with little ones tomorrow. DD#2 is also moving into their new house this weekend. Hoping to start with a cleaner house before all the confusion starts.
OTN: still the BBS, Bloody Stupid Johnson hat, and swap item for Ankh-Morpork Knitter's Guild swap

1 comment:

Betty said...

"Thankfully we have sub-freezing temperatures.." You don't hear that very often, but I'm glad it worked out for you :)