Sunday, February 10, 2008

Room of Doom


Well, all I can say is that it is progressing. We now have a time limit to get it done. Just as we were taking down the ceiling paper, DD called and asked if she and the 2 little ones could move in til she got a job, apartment and generally on her feet. What's a mother to do? Of Course we said yes.



So DH worked away finishing the ceiling scraping. As you can see, the ugly flowered wallpaper is gone leaving these even uglier dark pink painted walls which have another 2 layers of paper under them. So we primed the walls and ceiling white. Then noticed areas where the paper lifted under it from being wet.
So back to scraping! I was so mad. About 1/3 of the walls had to be re-scraped! Thankfully we had bought 2 gallons of the primer knowing we would need them to do both ceilings and walls.
Work was on hold for a few days as DD and babies were here for a short visit before she went back home to pack up the rest of her house.

Walls and ceiling are all primed now, cracks filled.


Next stage is to lightly texture the ceiling to cover imperfections. Then we plan on using the brown paper technique which will hide problems in the walls. Will post pics when it is all said and done.

In knitting news, the Nagini socks have been totally frogged and I will think of something different to use the yarn for. After turning the heel (which was a reverse heel flap, not a tradional short row heel) I found it was 3 inches too long for my foot and...had I added googly eyes.. would have made an interesting snake sock puppet.
I am starting the toe decreases on the BBS for Socks for Soldiers...just in time for the Army to change regulation colors again!
Started the first short row sequence on my Bloody Stupid Johnson hat http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter07/PATTbsjohnson.html
Got my Pratchgan square finished and mailed. Made 3 dish cloths for the January swap, mailed out with a bag of OSU M&Ms and a row counter I made in OSU colors. Received 5 beautiful dish cloths from my swap partner. 2 Gloden Snitches, a PoA (large blue), NY state (white) and my name! (small blue) How cool is that!



1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I wish you had added some googly eyes- that would've been sweet!

Hope the room comes along a little better for you. Sounds like you're all kinds of busy.