Thursday, February 26, 2009

Knittin', Nothin', and Time Wastin'

Last night was our weekly knitting group get together. We had a nice group out including 2 new ladies. It was nice to see progress on everyone's projects (except my QAL). I did get several rows done on the BSJacket before switching over to complete almost a whole round on the QAL. I had to stop a couple of times to stretch out my finger which still hurts. I start therapy tomorrow, so it will be nice to see if any of the exercises I have been doing are making any difference.
Managed to get most of the daily stuff done in the house yesterday, but nothing extra. Just hoping to maintain til next week when I can start working at deep cleaning and decluttering this place room by room.
Over at Ravelry, (Reclaiming the Home) SallyinWales posted a great item about time wasting and gaining an extra week. I will paraphrase: If you can find 12 minutes a day x 5 times a weeks that you waste, and use that time to do something productive towards a goal, you will have gained an entire week of working towards that goal. Fits right in there with what FlyLady says about the 15 mins a day toward decluttering and cleaning your home. I know I spend way too much time just playing cards on the pc. I could be using that time for something more constructive than reaching the next level on Facebook Scramble. (on level 16 with 489 more games to reach level 17 x 3 mins per game + time for starting next game...mentally adding wasting time in my head and guesstimate several hours)

1 comment:

KR said...

I really liked that tidbit about wasting time too. Its truly amazing how things add up. 12 minutes a day adds up to 84 minutes a week. I was thinking I could make a point to spend an hour and a half each week doing something constructive when I would otherwise be doing "fluff" stuff that doesn't really matter in the scheme of things. A week is a long time! :)

Hugs
Kristin
http://reclaimingthehome.typepad.com