Friday, February 27, 2009

Virtual PJ Party

So, in honor of my new found freedom, my flysisters in chatzy threw me a virtual pj party. Lots of chat and ROFLOLs. Even party hats ^ altho one did get a little tipsy and put on a lampshade []:-}
Over the past couple of years of FLYing, these ladies have helped me alot. Not just in housework encouragement, but with dh's army training time (gone for 19 months) and everyday ups and downs. We rejoice together and its been a place to rant and whine when upset....and someone will turn the mood and laughing will start. Births, deaths, child troubles, and child accomplishments have all been discussed and shared.
Most of these ladies were ones that hung around on the old noodlebug chat room that FlyLady used to use for her once a month Q&A. We found that the room was available 24/7 and made good use of it. When it went down, one of the members made a chatzy room for us so we could continue our friendships. Some have dropped away, some come occasionally, some are new to the site, all are welcome. I have even had the pleasure of meeting a few face to face.

On the finger front, I had my assessment yesterday and they gave me a plan of exercises, most of which, I was pleased to see, I was already doing. There is still some bruising and swelling even after 2 1/2 weeks. Mobility is up, but still far from normal. Knitting happens, but I take more breaks now.

Making good progress on the BSJacket. At least 1/3 done.
Need to go thru my stash and find the yarn for The Grim Squeaker Egg Cozy which I may make larger for a TP cover. Thank you sallyinwales for developing the pattern.
I want to make a skirted diaper cover/soaker for newest granddaughter. I have yarn, just need to check pattern.

1 comment:

KR said...

The PJ party sounds like SO much fun!! :)