Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dreams of Sewing & Cleaning Update

I went looking for some bone colored yarn in the bins in the basement yesterday. Found some fabric I had bought to make BG some clothes (pattern sizes were children's 2-4 and she is wearing adult sizes now) and started to dream about sewing again. Thinking maybe, when I get the house a little more up to speed, I will make some things for granddaughters. Once upon a time, I did a lot more sewing. The only things my sewing machine has been out for in the last 6 yrs have been DH's 2 kilts, which he helped make, and to sew on some of his Army patches. I used to work for JoAnn Fabrics and have lots of fabric stash left. Once I had 2 big garbage cans full of fabric, but decluttered one whole can full a few years ago. (I am not counting the 4 totes of fabric we used for our litergical banners.)
House Cleaning update: Started in the stairway and removed books from the 2 bookshelves, cleaned the shelves, dusted the books, moved shelves away from wall, cleaned floors, walls and woodwork behind them, replaced everything except a small stack of books that I want to get rid of. Thinking of taking some of the books to Half-Price Bookstore and seeing what I can get for them, and some can go to grandkids.
Moved on to area in downstairs hall by the closet. Removed everything, washed floors and woodwork, took register cover off to vac....and ran screaming for my life as an inch thick, 10 inch square dust bunny tried to eat me! Well, maybe not eat me...but it was scary what was in there! Clogged my mini vac twice getting it out. Today I will be moving on to the other end of the hallway.
Also got 2 more shelves cleaned in the kitchen, everything put back nicely organized.

Til tomorrow......

PS: found the bone colored yarn

3 comments:

Living44 said...

I so need to do that inch by inch cleaning. Unfortunately I have to figure out how to do that with three tikes trying to "help"! I have to do this to get to my sewing machines though!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanta Hayes said...

Those dust bunnies can be very scary. I wonder where they come from...silly little things. lol!