Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Up & At It

I remember my Dad telling me that in the mornings. So often I am up and stumbling around, grabbing coffee, perusing the Rav forums...anything but 'at it'. Despite good intentions and master lists, ToDo lists, etc. a good hour is wasted just sitting around trying to get my eyes open and playing with pc. I tell myself its my 'me' time..that quiet time when DH has alredy left the house and BG is not awake yet. And yet...to really turn that time into 'me' time...time to fortify myself to face the day, shower, make myself presentable and feeling good about myself..ah..that is the challenge.

Little later in the am...Its hair day...wait..make that HAIR day for BG. The day to take a few hours and wash, condition, comb, braid. Her hair is super curly (think Jimmy Hendrix, only longer) and almost water proof to start. Its not til I add soap that her hair feels wet. Then I use the massage setting on the shower to power wash the soap out, add a ton of conditioner and work that in well. Power rinse again. Then we comb section by section, adding leave in conditioner and braiding as we go.

More later..noon time. Went with 4 smaller braids in the back and 2 pony puffs on top for bg's hair. I was thinking cornrows, but my hands are too tired to work it.

Got another bookshelf done today as part of the Mt Vernon cleaning! Only 4 more to go!

1 comment:

Shanta Hayes said...

Good job with the cleaning challenge, and I so feel you with the hanging around on the pc during my "me-time" . I'll get better at managing my time, I really will. By the way, what type of conditioner do you use on BG's hair, I might like to try it.
Thanks.