Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spiritual Cleaning

Whether you celebrate Lent and Easter, Passover, or just do spring cleaning, as you work, think about your spiritual life as well.
In our house, we celebrate Passover in a Messianic way. While I don't normally go thru and clean all the leavening out of the house, this year, it so happens, I am working my way thru deep cleaning and I am reminded of what DH tells me every year. You see dirt, you clean dirt, the more you clean, the more dirt you see, the more you clean...etc. Round and round it goes. Dirt happens. Everyday dirt happens. Soon you realize this is not a job that will be accomplished on your own. Never will there be a day without dirt of some kind.
Options? a) Hire a maid to help...or a whole van full of maids. (tomorrow there will be dirt) b) Close yourself off, seal up the house, get air purifiers, don't allow anyone to move, eat, or do any other dirt making activity (IE: don't live). c) Deal with it on a daily basis knowing tomorrow you will have to do it again.

Warning: Religious part: Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) died to cleanse me from my sins. He did this once and for all. I can neither add nor subtract from His work. The day I accepted Him as Saviour, His work was complete in me. I am clean. Tomorrow there will be dirt. His cleaning is for everyday, every hour, every minute of my life.
Here is the dirt I found today, L-rd. Clean it up, will you? Thanks..again...and again...and again.

1 comment:

Shanta Hayes said...

Thanks Ginny, I really needed to be reminded. No matter how great our faith we are all "weak" sometimes, but we are perfected through him and forgiven by him. We can do anything when we let him in. Amen.