Saturday, March 14, 2009

Its 3:36 AM right now and, since I didn't get to blog yesterday and am having an awake time, I thought I would drop a note. For all the ups and downs this week, I think I finished well. Several of us got together in the chat room and played 10x15. We make a list of 10 things that need to be done, ask chatzy to roll the die and tell us what number, and then we all run to get that chore done in 15 minutes. My list:
1) clean cat litter
2) bring up dry clothes, fold and put away
3) Vac upstairs rugs
4) scrub the tub
5) scrub bathroom floor*
6) swish and swipe
7) clean bathroom woodwork**
8) clean bathroom shelves
9) sweep kitchen floor***
10) straighten 2 shelves in kitchen
(bold print indicates job done)

The game was on! *I ended up totally cleaning and organizing 4 shelves in the kitchen as a Productive Procrastination to avoid bathroom floor and **I only cleaned the woodwork around the door and wall around the light switch, but...
I also vacced living and dining room, dust mopped and wet swiffered dining room and hall wood floors, cleaned off and out the blanket chest, Clean floor and woodwork behind the chest, cleaned dining table down to one small pile of leftovers from previous desk cleaning, cleaned the fridge out (***another PP to avoid sweeping), wiped counters, washed a comforter, ran the dishwasher, shined my sink including the faucet scrub, had BG sort through a big stack of her papers and toss or keep, and still found a little time to knit!
Whew! Not bad and I felt so much better. And the good news is that I did all that from 9 AM-12:30 PM!
BG was still sick with sore throat and now has a nasty cough, but she didn't have a fever. I tried to give her things to do that didn't require a lot of moving around. We hadn't done any homeschooling all week, but she did do the next pages of her grammar while resting on the couch.
DH called and asked me to meet him and a group of his co-workers for dinner and to watch Glenn Beck together. The concept was good, but the restaurant was a bit too noisy for me. Food was good and plentiful, but service was a bit lacking. We actually had to ask to have menus brought to us and it was another 20 minutes before the waitress came back to take our orders. We asked for carry out containers when she did finally bring our food...and she brought one. 15 minutes later she wandered by to see if things were okay and I asked for the second container then.
DH took the leftovers and wandered home while I went to the store and picked BG up from her aunt's. We were all in bed by 9 PM, which may account, in part, to why I am up now.

No comments: