Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mid-Month Slump

Falling off on the daily blog challenge...sigh. Will try to end the month a bit stronger.
Spring is officially here and I have been trying to get seeds started in trays to put out when the weather gets better. DH is gung-ho on having a garden this year. He has plans to move fences around a bit in the back yard to open up a little more space, also to insure a little privacy and keep the veggie thieves at bay. They and the underground life that seems to thrive here will be our biggest hurdle to a successful garden this year. Several years ago we tried a small garden, and while the tomatoes did well, our beans grew to nice bushes and over night we had lace leaves due to bugs or slugs. Not one flower or bean was produced due to the little buggers. I am considering more container plants rather than in ground ones. This also means I need to brush up on my canning skills which I haven't used in probably 20 years.
I am also looking forward to going with a knitting friend to pick strawberries this year. I have a hankering for some jam...yum.
Been a tough week in the housekeeping department. I have maintained, but not progressed in the Mt Vernon cleaning.
Due to the still half functioning finger, I have only been knitting on my version of the TNT beaded scarf. I haven't measured it, but would say its about 18-20 inches along now. At my knitting group on Wednesday, we decided the weight of it would make a nice weapon if accosted. Sort of knitted nun-chucks.
Not much else going on here... til next time...

No comments: