Thursday, March 12, 2009

Creative Procrastination

Ever notice that when you don't want to do something, you can accomplish a lot in other rooms or areas of your life? Creative and productive procrastination. I use it all the time and I have talked with my Flysisters about some of their favorite ways to procrastinate.
1) Clean something in the room farthest from where you really should be working. Tell yourself you will get there eventually.
2) Knit that Christmas gift you want to give this year. Can't wait til the last minute...again.
3) Shower to get yourself pysched up for the day, clean shower, tub, sink, toilet, shelves etc before leaving bathroom.
4) Chat and tell others how much you need to be working there. Building virtual friendships is important.
5) Blog something like this.

What are your excus....I mean...Creative and productive ways to procrastinate?
(I need new ideas...these aren't working for me anymore...lol)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to take naps ;-) I have an elderly Siamese kitty who *demands* that I lay on the couch so she can lay on me, and that's my excuse!

ginny said...

cat naps are important...for you too.

KR said...

LOL those sound pretty typical for me. Playing with the kids is of course one, getting caught up in a TV show, baking something (and thus making more mess), taking a nap, etc. ;)

have fun!

Kristin
http://reclaimingthehome.typepad.com

Bean Counting Knitter said...

I knit and leave the cleaning to someone else!