Friday, February 27, 2009

Life Returns

After a year of watching 2 little ones, I have a life back. Today was the last day for watching them 5 days a week, 9 hrs a day. I love the babies...don't get me wrong...but at my age and with BG still at home and homeschooling, everyday is a bit much. The biggest missing part was being able to go out at the drop of a hat. Getting 2 little ones dressed, sippys ready, diaper bag ready, into car seats, out of car seats, 2 carts at the store....well, you get the picture. I don't know how DD does it all the time...or did before I started watching them.
BG is excited. She is already planning trips for us to the library and COSI and the zoo and...and... And I hope to get her back involved at the rec center for classes again. Homeschooling will be a bit easier too when we get back on a real schedule, I can sit and help her, and we don't have to wait for baby nap time.
I am looking forward to deep cleaning my house (did I say that?). Going to do the Mt. Vernon method in each room. For those not familiar with this method, you start in one corner of a room and really clean that area before moving on to next. If you need to stop for the day, you start where you left off. This way you are not tearing apart an entire room (that never gets put back..SHE that I am) and then its easier to keep clean. Working on my FlyLady habits is another thing I am looking forward to. Too many of them have slipped since dd moved in a year ago and I never was able to re-establish them properly.
Til tomorrow.....

1 comment:

KR said...

I will have to give the Mt. Vernon method a try. I want to get my office together once and for all. :)